Design Management Symposium
Advanced Strategies for Tough Times
November 21 and 22, 2003
Köln International School of Design (KISD) / Chair of Design Management /University of Applied Sciences
After the first "Design Management in Education" forum in Cologne has been a real success last year, the idea for a second forum was born. This years' forum "Advanced Strategies for Tough Times" will be hosted again at the KISD in Cologne from November 21 and 22, 2003. The purpose of the conference is to uncover the relevance and success factors of strategic design for companies, managers, designers and consultants and the roster of guests and design experts from the United States, United Kingdom, Switzerland, Holland and Germany is promising a set of stimulating discussions around this years' conference topic.
The sequence of lectures and discussion sessions is addressing key questions like:
What are the most relevant variables for gaining sustained competitive advantage?
What in particular are these successful companies doing to stay on top?
How do they reach their unique excellence and identity?
Who is supporting them and by which means and methodologies?
Design management experts from a variety of countries will share their ideas and present their hands-on experiences.
- Brigitte Wolf, Köln International School of Design
- Jörg Heithoff, heithoff identity, Münster
- Thilo Schlüter, graduate, Köln International School of Design
- Peter Boelsma, IDIS / International Design Industry
Services / Dutch Design Management Network
- Thomas S. Bley & Bernard C. Kümmerli, Spider AG, Switzerland/USA
- Frans Joziasse, PARK Advanced Design Management, Hamburg
- Bettina von Stamm, London Business School
- Alan Topalian, Alto Design Management, London
- Frank van Dam, Van Dam Orenda & Alexander Groenewege, AGID, Netherlands
- Norbert Ruf, Wilkhahn, Bad Münder
- Fabian Schmid, squid, Switzerland
- Gustav Bergmann, University of Siegen / coinco, Köln
Professionals: 99.99 € + 9.99 € for food und drinks
Students: 39.99 €+ 9.99 € for food und drinks
For further information please contact: