Marcello Morandini, born in Mantua in 1940, is an artist and designer. Since 1964 he has worked as a graphic designer in Varese, Milan and Genoa. Since the 1980s Marcello Morandini has worked in close cooperation with the architectural practices M. Miraglia as well as Ong & Ong in Singapore and Kuala Lumpur. Gaining a DAAD grant he pursued a three-month study stay in Berlin. In 1985, he designed the façade for the porcelain factory “Thomas am Kulm” in Speichersdorf, Germany, and in 1987, he designed the mirror façade for Rosenthal’s new administration building in Selb, Germany. From 1995 to 1997 he was a lecturer for art and design at the summer academy in Salzburg, and from 1997 until 1999, he was director of the Museo Internazionale Design Ceramico, Cerro di Laveno. In 2001, he founded the Centro editoriale di design Marienza in Varese. Since 2003 he has taught design at the Accademia di Brera in Milan. In 2004, Marcello Morandini designed the outdoor sculpture for the Wilhelm-Hack-Museum in Ludwigshafen. Since 2004 he has been a project coordinator of Vivere Venezia 3, Università IUAV, in Venice, and in the year 2005 he redesigned the Piazza Monte Grappa in Varese. Since 1994 he also has been a member of the jury of the red dot design award. Marcello Morandini lives and works in Varese.