"Choices" Exhibition in Finland
The Museum of Central Finland in Jyväskylä, Finland, is presenting works from eight internationally renowned designers and architects from August 28 until September 26, 2004.
The exhibition picks up the theme of the preceding Alvar Aalto Design Seminar: Choices – the choices designers and architects have to make while working. During the seminar the eight experts will explain their views and experiences. Each was asked to select six pieces of work for the exhibition. Among them are furniture, lamps, prototypes, smaller objects, jewelry, models, material samples and publications that are each commented upon and explained by the designers and architects. The exhibition offers a cross-section of today's leading design. Designer Sari Anttonen, Finland, will lead the seminar.
The eight designers and architects are:
- Iñaki Ábalos, architect, Ábalos & Herreros, Spain
- Paola Antonelli, curator, MoMA New York, Italy/USA
- Matali Crasset, industrial designer, France
- Harri Koskinen, designer, Finland
- Jasper Morrison, designer, Great Britain
- Gaetano Pesce, designer and architect, Italy/USA
- Anna von Schewen, designer, Sweden
- Patricia Urquiola, designer and architect
4th International Alvar Aalto Design Seminar
August 27-28, 2004 in Jyväskylä, Finland
August 28 until September 26, 2004, Museum of Central Finland in Jyväskylä, Finland
Further information, CVs of the designers and architects, and the possibility for registration at www.alvaraalto.fi/conferences/designseminar/choices